Dr. Schuler has worked extensively with men (through the lifespan) and their family members. His approach with men (and their families) breaks traditional mindset of how men receive and experience clinical support. Dr. Schuler strongly believes that accountability, responsibility, and ownership are key elements in helping men of all ages conquer their emotional and behavioural struggles.
Dr. Schuler believes the issue isn’t that men (regardless of age) aren’t willing to receive help or find solutions to their problems, rather he is of the mind that traditional services have failed to understand what men need.
“Like those rare conditions which causes a person’s own immune system to assault itself, depression is a disorder wherein the self attacks the self.”
– Terrence Real, I Don’t Want to Talk About It: Overcoming the Secret Legacy of Male Depression
“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves”
– Viktor E. Frankl, A Man’s Search for Meaning).
Areas of Clinical Service/Counselling:
- Addictions/Substance Abuse
- Anger Management
- Domestic Abuse or Violence
- Loss or Grief
- Self-Harm/Disordered Eating
- Sexual-Based Concerns/Intimacy
- Sexual Media Addictions
- Sexual Offences/Court Involvement
- Relationship Issues/Couple Therapy
- Childhood Abuse/PTSD
- Stress Management
- Personal/Career Fulfillment
- Work/Life Balance